Sausage balls are a traditional tailgating appetizer. they are always welcome at the tailgate, no matter what time the game is! Over the years, we’ve tried a lot of different recipes and have finally found our “winning” recipe.
The sausage ball has changed over time, but the basic recipe is the same. Bisquick, cheese, and sausage. Cream cheese is added to this recipe to enhance the creaminess and flavor of the original Bisquick sausage ball recipe.
- Ground pork sausage
- Cream cheese
- Bisquick baking mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Do I need to chill the sausage balls first?
Because the sausage balls spread out a lot, they got a little too brown on the bottom. After making the balls, I decided to put them in the fridge to chill them before baking them. Using parchment paper on the metal baking sheets not only helps the food stick but also makes cleaning up easier. After they had been chilled, they will be ready to eat.
Can you freeze sausage balls?
You can sure do that! Before you cook them, you’ll need to put them on a baking tray and freeze them quickly. Then, you can put them in a bag. When you put them in the bag, they don’t stick together. Then put them on a baking tray lined with wax paper and freeze for a few hours. So take them out and put them into a freezer bag. Make sure you follow the baking instructions below when you’re ready to eat.
you can also check our similar recipes:
Recipe for sausage balls with cream cheese
Sausage ball with cream cheese
- 1 pound pork hot sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sausage and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir in the baking mix until everything is well combined.
- Add cheese
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop up meat mixture and form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Take some of the meat mixture and form it into 1-inch balls. Then, put the balls on a baking sheet and bake them.
- To chill the baking sheets, place them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes after they've been chilled. Then serve!
This recipe has:
357 calories | 19 grams of carbohydrates | 14 grams of protein | 24 grams of fat | 9 grams of saturated fat | 56 milligrams of cholesterol | 832 milligrams of sodium | 203 milligrams of potassium | 3 grams of sugar
inspired by: thecountrycook