With the right method for cooking Chicken Kabobs in the Oven, you can get the same juicy, flavorful morsels of chicken without using a grill. Tender chunks of boneless skinless chicken breast are tossed in a simple herbaceous blend of olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper before being threaded into skewers and baked to succulent perfection.
In about 30 minutes, you can have these delicious chicken kabobs on the table. Olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme are used to season them. It’s a straightforward flavor combination that complements chicken.
How long to cook chicken kabobs in oven:
if you cook them in a very hot oven, like 450 degrees F, they only need about 15 minutes to be ready. But, I like to finish them with the broiler to give them that extra browning.
You can also check our related recipes:
Ingredients you will need:
- Chicken: boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Fresh Rosemary: Better don’t use ried rosemary for this recipe
- Avocado Oil: or other neutral vegetable oil
- Black Pepper: freshly ground (ideally)
- Garlic: a few large, fresh cloves
- Olive Oil
How to cook chicken kabobs in the oven:
Step 1: Firstly, Preheat the oven to 425°F and a cold cast iron grill pan. Toss bite-size chicken chunks with marinade ingredients while they preheat (olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper). 6 metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers, evenly threaded with chicken chunks
Step 2: Cook chicken kabobs in a single layer on a preheated grill pan until lightly charred on the outside and juicy and cooked through on the inside (12 to 15 minutes), flipping halfway through. Serve immediately and hot.
Chicken kabobs in the oven
- 6 metal skewers or bamboo or wooden skewers
- 1 ½ pounds boneless-skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper you can use more
- vegetable oil
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- Add cast iron grill pan to cold oven and preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Meanwhile, make marinade. And combine chicken, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to coat chicken on all sides.
- Thread chicken chunks evenly onto 6 skewers.
- Take out the preheated grill pan from the oven with oven mitts. Then, lightly brush the pan with vegetable oil. Place the kabobs in a single layer on the grill pan, and then cook them (they should sizzle when they touch the pan). Place the kabobs in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, until they are cooked through and still moist. Flip the kabobs half way through cooking time. Serve.
How long to cook chicken kabobs in oven:if you cook them in a very hot oven, like 450 degrees F, they only need about 15 minutes to be ready. But, I like to finish them with the broiler to give them that extra browning.
Note: You can start marinating the chicken pieces a few hours ahead of time. meanwhile Allow them to marinate by covering them and placing them in the refrigerator. However, you can skip the marinating and bake them right after coating.
Inspired by: Southernplate