A simple one-pot Chicken broccoli rice casserole is usually a hit with my family. Add cheese and broccoli, and you’ll have a full house.
Broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole “, get a tasty makeover with this recipe, which is also incredibly simple to prepare. This can be halved as well. When I make half, I use the 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. The onion can be omitted if desired. You don’t need to use it if you prefer a more subtle flavor.
How to make chicken broccoli rice casserole :
To make this broccoli casserole, you can make your own condensed, cook rice in chicken broth, and top it with Ritz crackers. The best way to cook chicken is to make it yourself or use a Rotisserie.
To make chicken broccoli rice casserole you’ll need the following ingredients :
- Chicken. Chicken breasts or thighs that are boneless and skinless can be used. Thighs are better than breasts when it comes to baking since they retain more of their juices.
- Chilli flakes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Rice. Any long grain rice like Jasmine or Basmati will work.
- Chicken stock.
- Cheese. I used white cheddar but any good melting cheese will be delicious.
How to make this lovely casserole :
- Casserole: Saute the onion, celery, and garlic for 3-5 minutes until they are tender and fragrant. Mix in the spices and simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is starting to brown. Remove from heat and stir in the broccoli florets. Add the rice, stock, and salt & pepper to the pot.
- Bake: Place the dish in a preheated oven and seal the lid. Allow the rice to cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
All of the ingredients for this One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Casserole come together in about 30 minutes. I love that it’s loaded with broccoli, it’s cheesy, and it’s so easy to make!
chicken broccoli rice casserole
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 celery spears finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 cups broccoli florets (approximately 300g/10oz)
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 kg (2lbs) chicken cubed
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- Set the temperature of the oven to 180°C/350°F before beginning the baking process.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion, celery, and garlic are soft and fragrant.
- Mix in the spices and cook for a few minutes until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir them in, making sure everything is mixed together.
- Add rice and stock, then add salt and pepper.
- Cover the food and put it in a hot oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Scatter the grated cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, before serving.
“Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”– Harriet Van Horne
Source : simply delicious food