These cornbreads are the best I’ve ever had, using Jiffy Cornbread Mix as a base (and eaten). It’s even better than my homemade cornbread! That’s right, this is better than homemade cornbread. This post is not sponsored by Jiffy, but rather one of my personal favorites!
This Jiffy Cornbread may be the best cornbread you’ve ever had, rich and buttery with a wonderfully moist texture. I’m not sure I can adequately describe how delicious this simple Jiffy cornbread recipe is!
This is not the cornbread for those who prefer traditional southern cornbread without sugar. One tablespoon of sugar, in my opinion, is the perfect amount of sweetness for this dish. If you want a more savory cornbread, omit the sugar.
To cook this cornbread you’ll need the following ingredients :
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 Jiffy corn muffin mix boxes
How to cook Jiffy cornbread :
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, mix together the sour cream, milk, and eggs.
- Butter should be mixed in.
- Then, with a wooden spoon, mix the corn muffin mix and sugar into the dough. Pour the batter into the pan that has been lined.
- Bake for about 25–30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown, then let it cool. Serve it hot.
Jiffy cornbread recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 Jiffy corn muffin mix boxes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly.
- Combine the sour cream, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Incorporate the butter into the mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, combine the corn muffin mix and sugar.
- Pour the batter into the pan that has been prepared.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Note :Best with extra butter.
It's possible to make croutons out of cornbread that has been sitting around for a while. At 350 degrees, bake the cubes until they are golden and crispy.
Interested in cornbread find more recipes!
Best Jiffy cornbread in air fryer recipe:
Jiffy Cornbread is a hit with everyone. After all, it’s inexpensive in the store. This is a delicious side dish that goes with any meal. From the popular box of Jiffy corn muffin mix, you can make quick and easy cornbread in the air fryer in minutes.
It’s that easy to make cornbread in an air fryer. It takes only 3 minutes or less to prepare and cook in the Air Fryer. When you have a recipe like this, there’s no reason to forget about a side dish with dinner.
How to make Jiffy cornbread in air fryer :
Jiffy cornbread in air fryer
- air fryer
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- oil spray
- 8.5 oz jiffy corn muffin mix
- Combine the corn muffin mix, egg, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Make sure there are no dry spots by mixing just enough. Do not over-mix the ingredients.
- Spray your baking pan lightly with oil spray and pour in the batter.
- Air fry at 320°F for 16-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the toothpick isn't completely clean but the edges of the cornbread are crisp after 22 minutes, turn off the heat and leave the cornbread in the air fryer for another 10 minutes to allow the residual heat to finish cooking it.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan. As it cools, it will separate from the sides, making it easier to cut.
Cornbread goes great with Baked Beans, Taco Salad, or even as a mid-afternoon snack! It’s a quick and easy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Inspired by: Spicy southern kitchen.