When you make Cauliflower Dirty Rice, you make it with ground sausage, Cajun seasoning, and a lot of celery, bell pepper, and onion as well as riced cauliflower in it. In less than 30 minutes, this is one of the best cauliflower rice recipes.
WHAT IS DIRTY RICE?
You can also Get dirty rice FULL RECIPE HERE, already posted!
Dirty rice is a traditional Creole dish that starts with long-grain white rice and is made “dirty” by adding ground beef or sausage, the holy trinity of onion, bell pepper, and celery, and Creole or Cajun seasonings.
Ingredients to make dirty rice :
The ingredients for this cauliflower dirty rice recipe are readily available at your local supermarket:
- Celery, onion, and green bell pepper are the holy trinity of taste in this cauliflower rice dish!
- Blackened seasoning or Cajun seasoning: You can either make your own homemade blackened seasoning or purchase Cajun seasoning at your local grocery store, depending on your preference.
- Ground sausage and turkey: Substitute ground beef or chicken for the turkey, but don’t forget the ground sausage. The ground sausage provides a degree of taste that is difficult to replicate.
- Cauliflower rice: I recommend getting the riced cauliflower from your local grocery shop to save time. This may be found in the frozen foods aisle or in the refrigerated produce section.
HOW TO COOK CAULIFLOWER DIRTY RICE :
- Fry your ground turkey and sausage until fully cooked. Drain the meat on a paper towel-lined plate after chopping it with a potato masher or fork.
- Next, add the oil, celery, bell pepper, and onion to the skillet or Dutch oven. Sauté the vegetables until they are soft. In a pan, add crushed garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add cauliflower rice, seasonings, and more oil. You should give it a good stir before you put a lid on the skillet or Dutch oven and cook it for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your cauliflower dirty rice with fresh parsley!
SERVE, STORE AND REHEAT NOTE :
- For a pop of color and extra flavor, top this dirty cauliflower rice with fresh parsley or green onions and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Allow the cauliflower dirty rice to come to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The recipe will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing Dirty Cauliflower Rice: Refrigerate this recipe as directed above, then transfer to the freezer once it has reached refrigerator temperature. Cauliflower rice can be frozen for up to six months.
- Although this recipe can be microwaved, I prefer to reheat it in the skillet with a little olive oil. 4–5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Full Recipe :
CAULIFLOWER DIRTY RICE
- ½ lb. ground turkey 93/7
- ½ lb. ground sausage mild
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion small, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp blackened seasoning or Cajun seasoning
- 16 OZ cauliflower rice
- ¾ salt
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey and sausage for 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through, over medium heat. Using a potato masher or a fork, crumble the meat. Drain the ground meat on a paper towel-lined plate after removing it from the skillet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and celery in a skillet Sauté for 5-6 minutes over medium heat, or until vegetables are tender. Continue to sauté for 1 minute after adding the crushed garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the remaining oil, riced cauliflower, seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes, as well as the meat. Stir until everything is well combined, then cover and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Serve with chopped parsley and more red pepper flakes on top of the cauliflower dirty rice. Enjoy!
Inspired BY: Evolving Table.