Hamburger steak is a ground beef patty. Migrating Germans made it popular all over the world, and it became a popular dish around the turn of the century. It reminds me of Salisbury steak.
Delicious hamburger steaks smothered in this easy-to-make classic. It’s a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef, and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand!
Today we are introducing 3 of the best hamburger steak recipes that you will probably love:
How to cook hamburger steak :
Crockpot hamburger steak and gravy :
Using frozen ground beef patties and only a few other ingredients, this recipe for Hamburger Steaks comes together quickly in the slow cooker.
There’s no way I’ve ever come up with a recipe as simple as this.
My plan was to use FROZEN hamburger patties to slow down the cooking process. Plus, it’d be simple!
I kept the ingredients simple for convenience, but you could totally jazz this up. Here are some ideas and variations!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT HAMBURGER STEAKS & GRAVY :
Step 1: Putting 1 box of frozen hamburger patties in the bottom of a slow cooker is the first thing to do. This is where Bubba Burgers come in. You’ll need something that’s thick and hearty. To make the patties, you can use another brand or make your own. You’ll need patties that are at least 1/3 pound each, though (2 pounds for 6 patties).
Step 2: Choose a condensed soup that you like, such as :
- Cream of Mushroom
- Beef Consommé
- Golden Mushroom
- Cream of Celery
- Beefy Mushroom
- Cream of Onion
Step 3: To make your own gravy or sauce mix, combine your condensed soup with a can of water and a packet of :
- Brown Gravy
- Beef Gravy
- Pork Gravy
Step 4: On low for 5-7 hours or high for 2-4 hours, put the soup mixture on the hamburger patties. Then cook for a few hours on high.
Step 5: Serve the gravy over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice!
For the Full recipe :
Crockpot hamburger steak and gravy
- 1 2-lb box frozen hamburger patties
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 10.5-oz can Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 can of water
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- In a slow cooker, season the frozen hamburger patties with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then, put the patties in the slow cooker (overlapping so everything fits in one layer).
- In a separate bowl, mix soup, one can of water, and gravy mix. Then, mix well. Pour the mixture on top of the hamburger patties.
- Cook for 5-7 hours on low or 2-4 hours on high.
- optional: As long as the hamburger steaks haven't been moved while they're cooking, grease should build up in the middle of the slow cooker (between the patties). A ladle can be used to slowly skim the grease from the center, then throw it away.
- Remove the hamburger steaks, then cover them with a towel to keep them from getting too hot,
- Ladle out about 1/2 cup of broth/gravy then cover slow cooker immediately and increase temperature to High.
- When you add cornstarch to the 1/2 cup of broth/gravy that you kept, mix it well until it's a smooth paste. We don't want the sauce to be too hot.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker, whisk until it's smooth, then cover and cook on High for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
- Add hamburger steaks back into the gravy and then serve it to your guests.
Inspired By: South your mouth.
2.Hamburger steak in the air fryer :
In your air fryer, make Air Fryer Poor Man’s Steak, which is a hearty stuffed hamburger patty with cheese, bacon, and pickled jalapenos. It’s ready in no time!
How to make hamburger steak in air fryer:
Hamburger steak in the air fryer
- air fryer
- 4 slices slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- salt adjust to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 lb ground beef chuck This recipe can also be made with lean ground beef. I don't think it's a good idea, though.
- The oven should be 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix ground chuck with salt and pepper. Make patties (I made 4) and put them in the Air fryer. They will cook. In my air fryer, I could only fit two people at a time at a time.
- Turn the food over and cook for another 6. Each patty should have some cheese on it about a minute before it is done cooking. To remove the patties from the air fryer when the cheese has melted, turn off the machine.
- Air fry the burger buns for 1 minute to make them a little more crispy, then serve them.
- Build your own burger the way you want it to be done. I used mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and onion in my sandwich.
- Repeat all the same with the second batch.
I think it's best to use a ground chuck to make hamburgers that are juicy and full of fat. Use lean beef, but keep an eye on your burgers. If you overcook them, they'll be dry.
Inspired by: berry maple
3. Smothered hamburger steak :
Smothered Hamburger Steaks with Brown Gravy is made with ground beef that has been seasoned to perfection. The steaks are then covered in a delicious and rich brown gravy. Comfort food for any day of the week.
How to make Smothered Hamburger Steak :
Smothered Hamburger Steak
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 tbsp. beef base
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, onion, beef base, and pepper. Tear the bread into chunks, then add them to the bowl. For a few seconds, let the bread soak in water. Then, add ground beef to the bread and mix. When you mix the meat with the egg and bread, make 8 patties and put them on a pan.
- When the skillet is hot, fry the patties until they are browned on both sides and the meat is no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes per side. Make sure the patties aren't in the way of anything else.
- Remove the excess grease from the skillet, and whisk the mushroom soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce together in the skillet until smooth. Place the patties back into the skillet, spoon sauce over them to cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the sauce is thickened and the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
You can also check :